Elizabeth II silver stirrup cup with riding whip handle marked for Birmingham 1967 by Deakin & Francis Ltd.
This is a copy of the one made by William Stroud in 1788 for the Earl of Lonsdale.
The Engraved shield reads:
Replica of the Earl of Lonsdales
Stirrup cup A.D. 1788.
The cup inscribed: ‘Durban Stirrup Cup’- Presented by Lord Lonsdale. In commemoration of the kindness received from all during his visit to South Africa.
Dimensions: 29 cm long by 3.2 cm cup diameter.
Weight: 129 grams.